Spicy Cajun Boiled Peanuts
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. These came out great - spicy, salty, and delicious.
- 1 pound raw peanuts, in shells
- 1 (3 ounce) package dry crab boil (such as Zatarain's® Crab and Shrimp Boil)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup salt or salted cajun seasoning blend (I used a mixture of Cajunland and Seafood city Al Scramuzza's blend)
- 1/2 cup red pepper flakes
If you don't have the zatarains dry crab boil on hand just increase the cajun seasoning, which is what I did.
The original recipe says to combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cover the peanuts with water and cook for about 24 hours. I was impatient and wanted to eat this today, so I pressure cooked the peanuts for about 30 minutes first, then slow cooked for about 4 hours, and let them soak 45 minutes. Perfection!